A poem should be soundless as the flight of birds...A poem should be equal to not true....A poem should not mean but be.

The view

| |

When I open my window each morning
I used to feel the cool air
The majestic Kanchenjunga in my eyes
But today I see your tall building
My friend, each month it gets even taller
Taller and taller your building grows
That even a pine tree cannot grow that fast
The views to behold have become memory
But question arises, why didn’t I revolt or object?
Why was I silent and mute?
But I guess I didn’t want to hurt
I wanted to be diplomatic and over-bearing
So the option for me, my friend,
Is to build a building much taller
Than yours, so that I have my room
Up towards the sky to see the mountains
That when I look down
Mother earth will be very down below
That when I want to touch her
I fear I will fall and die
This is our place but the essence is gone
The charm, the beauty, the trees replaced
Development, progress is in move
But nature is prevalent, just look around.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

More Poems

Country-wise Number of Visitors

free counters

Followers

Know About Me

Dinita Rai
J P Sharma Road
Darjeeling